Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sober 1st's

I was just on my buddy Rich's blog and was reminded, in this my 1st year, of a big 1st for me. I was drunk as hell on my mother's birthday last year. Mostly because the rest of the world didn't want to stop everything and mourn that there wouldn't be anymore birthdays for her. This year I'm celebrating Dec 4th in a pretty cool way. Each month my home group hosts nightwatch on the 1st Thursday. The Denver central office shuts down at 5:00pm and calls get routed out to other alcoholics. Tomorrow it is at my house. Several people from group show up with munchies and mostly we just shoot the manure. As the calls come in we try to answer peoples questions about AA and what we do or how we can help. Please pray for a drunk in need tomorrow because I sure could stand getting out of my own head.
Peace
Fishstyx

1 comment:

indistinct said...

Sounds like a great way to do service. And you get some help to boot. Hope it went well.