Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Need a meeting and can't

Work is very busy these days and I have not been able to get to my morning home group. I did get to a meeting in Estes Park Co when my family kidnapped me away for Father's Day. The weekend was great and meeting new drunks who were seeing the world as I was was cool. Anyhow, because of current work circumstances I still can't go but this is what I needed to say with them today.

1.
God
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference
2.
Good Morning. My name is Tony and I'm an alcoholic
3.
God
I offer myself to Thee-to build with me and do with me as Thou wilt.
Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will.
Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life. May I do Thy will always!
4. Keep commin back it'll work if you work it!
Then my old friend Jim says, "Cause it probably won't if you don't."

Now off I race to sell the fish.

2 comments:

Syd said...

Good ones Fish. Where do you sell your fish? Just curious.

Fishstyx said...

I am a fishmonger in Colorado. I used to be a chef and was a customer of my company. Thanks for the Al Anon invite.