Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Outward expression of an inward desire



This is my new tattoo! It says, "We will not regret the past nor whish to shut the door on it."p.83BB The reason I chose this phrase and symbol is because the circle/triangle is exactly the same as my fraternity in college. Some of my most storied drunkalogs took place at this time. When first starting AA I really regreted those lost years. Now I am thankful for them because it has put me in a unique position to 12 step two of my fraternity brothers(and hopefully more). Also, it turns out my new sponsee went to college with me but we never knew it. All of it has allowed me to be of service in His plan. The results of that have been far greater than any I have tried to direct all on my own.
Your greatful drunk frat boy,
Fish

4 comments:

Syd said...

Good for you Fish. Keep doing what you're doing.

Unknown said...

Oh I love it and I love that particular phrase too, it just keeps getting better and better.
congrats on the tat and glad to see you post!!!
G

steveroni said...

God is always working, always was...it's just that now I'm seeing, listening, hearing more of that.

Thank you for writing.

RipGurl said...

Love that tat! No goin' back now. Guess you're on the water wagon for life Cuz.

Thanks for the insight on the past. I just started getting down on myself tonight about the past and what could have been, if only.....

It's all about what can now be, right?