Monday, February 2, 2009

I'm back!

Wow been a while. Feels like I do when I am missing from home group for a while. I didn't know that my blogging had become so much a part of my treatment plan. I'm fortunate enough to know a blogging friend of ours in the real world and she keeps an eye on me. When I see her I'm reminded that I need to say hello to you all out there. I haven't been moved to write anything lately but I'll just let you in on my top 10 thankful for list for today.
10. I have recently been asked to be a sponsor.
9. The lessons of my first sponsor have been echoing louder in my head as I try to pass them on.
8. I have a new sponsor who I am learning new things from.
7. No compulsion to drink at a Superbowl party last night.
6. I am on vacation from work.
5. I have a job I have remained successful at even though I have this disease.
4. I attended a great funeral in support of a coworker and was able to be touched by a life I never knew.
3. I'm blessed to be the parent of two incredible personalities that teach me so much about myself.
2. I just had my 10yr wedding anniversary and year 11 looks like it is off to a great start.
1. I'm a sober member of A.A.

Fish

6 comments:

RipGurl said...

Yeah! I have missed you so! Congratulations on keeping your head during the Superbowl.

steveroni said...

Sounds all GOOD to me...as if that matters--but it DOES!
Thanks for posting.
Steve E.

Unknown said...

Great list man.
Love ya and miss you also
Rich

Banana Girl said...

Welcome back! I am breathing again. I was worried about you not in the sense of crazy anxiety but just that niggling concern when we feel the vibration that is off. You sound right on! L. U. J.

indistinct said...

Welcome back! Glad your still sober.

Having a sponsee is a wonderful gift. We get to learn so much about ourselves.

Unknown said...

So glad your back, we missed you in the blogosphere, glad you didn't drink during the Superbowl and congrats on 10 going on 11 years!!!! Keep coming back!